List of non-recognised higher education institutions in Sweden
This page contains a list of institutions that either claim to award qualifications, or could be mistaken for awarding qualifications in spite of not being officially recognised. They might also claim to operate in or from Sweden, or in some way claim to be linked to Sweden. However, they are neither officially recognised nor have degree granting rights.
The qualifications offered by these institutions neither correspond to any qualifications within the Swedish education system nor comply with the Act Concerning Authority to Award Certain Qualifications (Swedish Code of Statues No 1993:792). There is no official quality assurance procedure in place.
Non-recognised higher education insititutions in Sweden
- The Ackermann College of Chiropractic (also known as The Ackermann Institute) Ackermann Institutet
- Alhurra University in Sweden
- American-Scandinavian Academy (also known as Scandinavian Academy)
- Arken University in Sweden Arkens Universitet
- Bridge College
- Free University of Scania (FUS)
- Free University Scania Skånes fria högskola
- Free University of Stockholm Stockholms fria universitet
- FUN - Fria universitetet i Norden
- Hammersmith Management College Sweden Campus (also known as Hammersmith College Sweden; Hammersmith College Stockholm; HMC Sweden)
- The International Virtual University (also known asI.V.U.; I.V.U. Sweden)
- Livets Ord Theological Seminary (also known as Livets Ord University)
- MGruppen Svenska Managementgruppen AB
- Pre-International College Sweden Campus
- PROBANA Business School (also known as PROBANA Business School - Sverige)
- Queensway College Sweden Campus
- SACCTS Academic College (also known as Swedish Arab Center for Thought and Strategic Studies, SACTSS)
- Scandinavian International University Skandinaviska Ledarhögskolan AB och Mental Training Sweden AB
- Scandinavian University of Science and Technology
- School of Business and Commerce
- Swedish Academy of Electrohomepathy and Alternative Medicines, SAEHAM
- Swedish Applied Science University
- Swedish Arab Center for Thought and Strategic Studies (SACTSS) (also known as Sakedz College Academy)
For questions pertaining to institutions in Sweden claiming to offer degrees, please contact the Swedish Council for Higher Education (ENIC-NARIC Sweden) firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorisation for private institutions in Sweden
The Government grants degree-awarding powers to private institutions. Those wishing to apply for the right to award Swedish degrees must undergo a quality assurance process and meet certain criteria. For information about the application process, please contact the Swedish Ministry of Education and Research.
Private insitutions without public funding may operate legally without approval or quality assurance by the Swedish authorities. However, if they want to make their students eligible for state study grants they must undergo a quality assurance procedure. The institutions mentioned above do not have such approval for study grants.