I want to apply for an evaluation
Who can apply for an evaluation and what do you need to prepare before you apply? More information is provided in our online application.
You apply for an evaluation and upload your documents on utbildningsbedomning-en.uhr.se
If you need to submit additional documents to your application you should not make a new online application and upload the documents. By doing so you will create two separate applications and delay your assessment.
Please submit copies of the additional documents marked with your registration number with ordinary postal service to:
Universitets- och högskolerådet
Box 450 93
SE-104 30 Stockholm
When do you need a recognition statement?
A statement may show the Swedish equivalent of your qualification. This can be helpful for employers, for example, as it helps them understand your qualification better when you are applying for jobs.
You do not need to have an evaluation from us to be able to apply for jobs, nor to apply for certification in a regulated profession or to apply to higher education.
Documents that support your right to apply
- Swedish personal identity number (personnummer) – submit a population registration certificate (personbevis), Swedish driver's licence, or Swedish identity card. You can order a population registration certificate from the Swedish Tax Authority.
- EU/EEA citizen - submit a copy of your passport or national identification card. Your passport copy must contain the page with your name and other personal data.
- Citizen of a country outside the EU/EES – submit a copy of your passport AND documentation of one of the following:
- Residence permit, work permit or valid LMA card. You can even submit a copy of your residence permit application together with confirmation from the Swedish Migration Agency that they received it.
- Family member of an EU citizen – submit a copy of your residence card or certification of right of residence from the Swedish Migration Agency.
- Long-term resident of an EU country – You may have the right to a residence permit in Sweden. Find out more at the Swedish Migration Agency's website.
If you have documents that are issued in a language other than English, French, Spanish, German or the Nordic languages it must be translated. The translation must be done by an authorised translator to Swedish or one of the above languages.
You can find a translator via Kammarkollegiet.
If you are registered with Arbetsförmedlingen it is possible to have documents translated for free on one occasion.
To ensure quality we sometimes ask to see the original documents. Therefore, you should be prepared to submit the original documents if asked to do so. If we also suspect forgery, an investigation will start that could lead to a police report.
Who can receive a recognition statement?
We can make an evaluation of your qualification if you are from an EU/EEA country or if you can prove that you have applied for a Swedish residency permit.
We have gathered many commonly asked questions and their answers on the FAQ tab at utbildningsbedomning-en.uhr.se.